Within the scope of its active information services the Institute provides the public with:
- library, which has a stock of about 12000 books and over 30 specialist journals on welding and allied techniques,
- collection of abstracts of articles on welding and allied techniques,
The Institute offers its publications:
- Biuletyn Instytutu Spawalnictwa (Welding Institute Bulletin)
a bi-monthly magazine informing about all areas of the newest achievements, conducted research and events in welding, (contents and summary of the articles)
- e-BIS - Biuletyn Instututu Spawalnictwa (Welding Institute Bulletin) in English language available online
a number of issues on training programmes, repairs etc.
- Sets of lectures
- Catalogues, guide-books, dictionaries, manuals, seminar proceedings etc.
Moreover, the Institute organises:
- conferences, symposia, seminars,
- International Welding Fair "ExpoWELDING" (in co-operation with the Expo Silesia in Sosnowiec),
- exhibitions and shows.