We are glad to announce the origin of Łukasiewicz – Górnośląski Instytut Technologiczny (Łukasiewicz – GIT).
Since 1st January 2023 all knowledge, competence and experience, as well as organization of three Łukasiewicz institutes: Łukasiewicz – Instytut Metalurgii Żelaza, Łukasiewicz – Instytut Spawalnictwa oraz Łukasiewicz –KOMEL is merged in one organization.
Within new institute there are established four Research Centers:
- Łukasiewicz – GIT Center of Welding
- Łukasiewicz – GIT Center of Material Research
- Łukasiewicz – GIT Center of Metalurgical Technologies
- Łukasiewicz – GIT Center of Electrical Machines and Drives
The Research Centers represent research activities of the institutes which are Łukasiewicz – GIT founders. The Centers conduct research works, develop professional expertise, as well as offer education and training service in the areas of metallurgy of iron and steel, welding, electrical machines and drives.
Łukasiewicz – Institute of Welding will carry on its activity as GIT Center of Welding. It remains focused on development of national and international welding. The place and offer remain unchanged. The Center of Welding offers:
- scientific - research service for welding,
- welding personnel training and examination; the certificates are accepted all over the world,
- welding certificates according to IIW and EWF authorization.
Consolidation of Łukasiewicz research institutes complies with Łukasiewicz Research Network strategy. Łukasiewicz Research Network is the part of science that works for entrepreneurship and supports the development of Polish companies. Operating under the Science is Business formula, we meet entrepreneurs and offer solutions that help improve business and create technologies that change reality. With 7000 employees and 22 research institutes located in 12 cities; we are one of the largest research networks in Europe.
Welcome in the new of Łukasiewicz – Górnośląski Instytut Technologiczny!